THE JOY OF DRAWING: A COURSE FOR BEGINNERS
Jill Joubert, artist and art teacher
This is a step-by-step course in drawing for beginners, using a variety of drawing materials, formats and styles . Each day will be dedicated to a different subject matter, while building on the drawing techniques learned from the session before .
A list of materials will be provided on registration.
1. Discovering line: abstraction and pattern
2. Drawing myself: observational drawing, using blind contour and continuous line
3. Dark and light: observation through shades and tones
4. Concealed revealed: tonal drawing of a wrapped object
5. Space and composition: using a view finder to look at spaces near and far