Click here to see a video of the webinar.
You are invited to join the second conversation in the UCT Summer School's 'Unlocking COVID-19: Current Realities, Future Opportunities?' series featuring conversations with leading authorities, UCT academics and fellow UCT alumni.
'Ethical reporting in times of crisis':
Professor Herman Wasserman in conversation with Dr Camaren Peter
Date: Wednesday, 27 May 2020
Time: 15h30 - 16h30 (CAT/ SAST)
Platform: Microsoft Teams
About the speakers
Professor Herman Wasserman is Professor of Media Studies and Director of the Centre for Film and Media Studies at UCT. He is a widely published academic author. His latest book, Media, Geopolitics and Power: A View from the Global South, was named Book of the Year by the International Communication Association's Global Communication and Social Change Division. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal African Journalism Studies and Associate Editor of Communication Theory and the Annals of the International Communication Association.
Dr Camaren Peter (PhD) is an Associate Professor in the Allan Gray Centre for Values Based Leadership at the Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town. He holds a cum laude BSc (Hons) degree in theoretical physics, an MSc in astrophysics and a PhD in Business Administration. He is a systems, complexity, leadership and sustainability expert, who has wide-ranging experience at working across disciplines as an integrator. Camaren has published widely in the policy domain and worked extensively with leaders, decision-makers, planners and stakeholders, within South Africa and across the African continent. He has also worked with a wide range of local and global institutions.
To join the conversations:
- Join on Microsoft Teams using the following link: this link
- Participation in the 'Unlocking COVID-19: Current Realities, Future Opportunities?' series is free and open to all UCT alumni, UCT Summer School attendees and interested members of the public
- You do to need to have Microsoft Teams installed on your device. We do recommend the you connect using your laptop or PC (not mobile phone) for a better user experience.
- Should you wish to make a donation of R100 to the UCT Summer School Programme, click on this link
- Use the live chat feature to ask your questions, during the session.
Upcoming online conversations in this series:
- Wednesday, 10 June: 'What is the new normal? Future scenarios'
- Wednesday, 24 June: 'Community leadership in times of crisis'
- Wednesday, 8 July: 'The role of young, African entrepreneurs during COVID-19'
The 'Unlocking COVID-19: Current Realities, Future Opportunities?' webinar series is made possible thanks to sponsorship received from Standard Bank. For additional information regarding these sessions, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.