Webinar 12: The impact of COVID-19 on South Africa's political outlook
The COVID-19 crisis has dramatically altered South Africa's fiscal and economic trajectory. In turn, and as a function of government's unfolding and erratic response, the country's political outlook is being reshaped. Key questions include whether President Ramaphosa will be politically strengthened or weakened by the crisis. Will government's response to the precarious fiscal outlook be collaborative and democratic, or populist and reactionary? And whether the recent indications of COVID-19 corruption will galvanise a 'turning point' in his administration's anti-corruption battle.
To join the conversations:
- Participation in the 'Unlocking COVID-19: Current Realities, Future Opportunities?' series is free and open to all UCT alumni, UCT Summer School attendees and interested members of the public
- You do not need to have Microsoft Teams installed on your device. We do recommend that you connect using your laptop or PC (not mobile phone) for a better user experience
- On confirmation of your attendance, a meeting link will be sent to you.
- Use the live chat feature to ask your questions, during the session.
- The Summer School programme needs to sustain itself through the generation of income. If you have found this webinar interesting and wish to donate towards the future sustainability of Summer School please make a donation by clicking on this link
This 'Unlocking COVID-19: Current Realities, Future Opportunities?' webinar is made possible thanks to sponsorship received from Standard Bank. For additional information regarding these sessions, email us: email@example.com.