LSE/UCT July School
Applications Now Open!
Cape Town, 17 - 28 July 2017
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and the University of Cape Town (UCT) are delighted to offer the fifth LSE-UCT July School from 17 - 28 July 2017. This innovative and prestigious two-week 'summer school' style programme provides the highest calibre students, graduates and professionals from across the globe with an exciting opportunity to study important social science issues relevant to Africa today across subject areas as diverse as international relations, economics, management, government, geography, law, media and social policy.
Why attend the LSE-UCT July School?
Here are the top 5 reasons our previous participants have rated the LSE-UCT July School so highly:
- The LSE-UCT July School provides a unique opportunity to learn about Africa from within Africa, but with a truly global perspective.
- The programme is taught by outstanding faculty from the University of Cape Town and LSE - two of the world’s leading institutions for teaching and research.
- The diversity of attendees - on average, we receive around 110 participants from almost 30 countries across Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas, around one third of whom are graduate professionals. This enriches class discussions, social events and networking opportunities.
- Doing something different makes a huge difference to academic and professional career prospects; our participants like to stand out from the crowd as future leaders in their fields.
- The location - Cape Town is a beautiful, cosmopolitan city and is, in many ways, the gateway to Africa. The stunning campus, at the foot of Table Mountain, also offers an inspirational location for study and lively debate.
Want to find out more?
Feel free to watch the video made by our students or read our website for further information about the LSE-UCT July School. And for those who already know that they want to be a part of our next unique and thought-provoking programme in 2017, applications are now open!
Full course and programme information, including how to apply is available on the LSE website.
Like the LSE-UCT July School Facebook page and follow us on Twitter for updates.