THINK OF A POEM: AN APPROACH TO WRITING POETRY
Finuala Dowling, poet and novelist
This online course presents five ways of practising the art of writing poetry. Each day participants will be introduced to a new approach and will be given an opportunity to practise it in guided exercises. Suitable for both beginner and intermediate poets, the course comes with a study guide and is illustrated with examples of beautiful poems employing the five approaches under discussion.
1. Think of a poem as a list
2. Think of a poem as a matter of urgency
3. Think of a poem as what happens when …
4. Think of the title of your poem as your guide
5. Think of a poem as a question and answer
This course will be offered on Zoom. The link will be provided upon registration.