THE JOY OF DRAWING: A COURSE FOR BEGINNERS
Jill Joubert, artist and art teacher
This course will present a step-by-step practical course in drawing for beginners, using a variety of materials, formats and styles. Each day will be dedicated to a different subject matter, while building on a range of basic drawing techniques.
1. Exploring pencils: text and abstraction, line, shape and tone
2. Discovering ink: line, shape and tone
3. Drawing myself: observational drawing using blind contour and continuous line into a proportioned self portrait
4. Space and composition: using view finders and grids
5. Drawing objects from life
Participants will be sent a list of required materials upon registration.